You will find a breakdown of how to apply to the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) below. We have got instructions on the online application process AND the hardcopy application form. Let’s get started!CPUT Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications open in May and close at the end of September.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Apply to CPUT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to CPUT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- There is no application fee for online applications.
- Need accommodation? You can find the residence application form with the online application. Apply to CPUT residence by completing the form.
- Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and international applicants cannot apply online. Applicants who are not in matric or do not have a matric certificate cannot apply online either.
- Please note: some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application, be sure to check this out when applying.
How to Apply Online
CPUT has one online application form for both undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
Remember: Non-SA citizen (including those with Permanent Residency), Non-SA matric certificate and RPL applicants can only apply using a hardcopy application form.
Apply to CPUT using the hardcopy application
Things to note before applying with a hardcopy form:
- You will need to post your application form to the campus you will be studying at. Don’t worry, you can find the various postal addresses on page 2 of the application form.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how.
- You will find the residence application form with the hardcopy application forms. Apply to CPUT residence by completing the form and submitting the forms altogether.
- Make sure you have attached all supporting documents before sending off the application form.
Application fees for CPUT
Applicants, who apply using the hardcopy application, are required to pay an application fee of R100 before the application form can be processed. All applicants must attach a copy of the proof of payment to their application form. Tip: keep the original proof of payment, just in case.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Here’s the deal: you must ensure that all examination results from Grade 11 to September, Grade 12 are submitted. Failure to do this may result in delays with your application process. Not cool.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a SA citizen, currently in Grade 12, you will not be required to upload your documents. For all other applicants, check out the required documents.
Are you a transferring student? If yes, make sure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible. It is also important to make sure that the final transcript of your current studies reaches the Admissions Office as soon as possible.
NOTE: Once you have sent in your application, it is important to monitor your application status.
Contact the Cape Peninsula University of Technology
For more information on how to apply to CPUT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the CPUT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 021 959 6393