You’ll find a breakdown of how to apply to the University of the Western Cape (UWC) below. We’ve got instructions on their online application process and everything else you need to know. Tertiary education is just a few steps away! Ready? Awesome, let’s get started.
UWC application breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of September.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how using this breakdown.
Apply to UWC using the online application
Things to note before applying online to UWC:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- Make sure you have your documents ready to upload.
- International students will need to submit a letter of confirmation from Universities of South Africa (USAF) stating that they qualify to study at a South African university.
How to apply online
You can apply to UWC through their online application portal. All prospective students will be able to apply through this system.
Apply to UWC using the hardcopy application
Things to note before applying to UWC using the hardcopy form:
- You’ll need an email address. Don’t have one? Get an email address.
- You’ll need to request an application form. You can do this in writing or by calling UWC on the following number: +27 21 959 3900/ 3901.
You can request and send back the completed form to the following address:
Apply to UWC residence
NOTE: You’ll need to be accepted into your faculty before you’ll be able to apply for student accommodation. Student accommodation is found on a separate Kovacs Student Villiage website. You can find the information on their website.Application Fees for UWC
There is no application fee payable.
Submitting of results and documents
You will need to make sure that you submit your latest academic records when applying. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals. Are you a transferring student? If yes, ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible.
Contact University of Western Cape:
For more information on how to apply to UWC, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UWC Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 021 959 3900/01